Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Favorite Fictional Characters

Inigo Montoya (The Princess Bride)


I tend to be attracted to the funny characters in movies because this world needs characters that laugh in the face of danger, and don't take anything too seriously. Inigo is definitely an older character compared to the others on this list, but he's still great. He is kind-hearted, loyal, driven and amusing. His swordsmanship is wonderful and the fact that he helped the masked man up the cliff in order to fight him shows that he is a good sport, because a good sport knows that without the opponent, there is no game. If you haven't watched the Princess Bride recently (or *gasp* ever) I suggest you do. You'll pick up on all the little things that make Inigo Montoya such a wonderful character. Because he's so much more than just, "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Also.. That dude can get stabbed like 7 times and still survive. #LifeGoals

Ron Swanson (Parks and Recreation)


This is when I realized that I loved Ron Swanson and sort of definitely wished he was my Uncle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cDoqp70SGs

Luke Skywalker (Star Wars)


Luke Skywalker is the shit. I grew up with Star Wars. I grew up watching a moisture farmer become a hero. Like every other Star Wars fan, Luke made me want to grab a lightsaber and become a Jedi like my father before me. A lot of people say he's whiny, but I think you would be too if you lived on a desert planet and the fate of the galaxy depended on whether or not you could convince your Dad to stop murdering people and blowing up other planets. I'm sorry, but that's a lot more stress than any grad school. Someone once told me that Luke Skywalker was lame. I told them they needed to go home and rethink their life choices.

Stewie Griffin (Family Guy)


Stewie is my spirit animal- if an animated baby can be a spirit animal that is. He's a sassy, classy, genius baby with a british accent. If Stewie was real, we'd be constantly hanging out drinking wine in our fur coats, while talking about smart things like Shakespeare and how to take over the world. Stewie is easily the funniest character on Family Guy and he really doesn't take shit from anyone.

Bellatrix LeStrange (Harry Potter)


I think I like Bellatrix so much because Helena Bonham Carter does such an amazing job at portraying her. She's absolutely crazy and I love it! If you're going to be bad, own it. Own the evil, own the bad guy style, and own your crazy. J.K. Rowling really nailed her bad guys and I think Bellatrix is a great example of that. Sure! She tortured Neville's parents into insanity, but she's also an awesome witch, and you can't discount that. Sometimes I like rooting for the bad guys. Even though I do feel pretty bad about the whole Neville situation.

Jasmine (Aladdin)


Although Aladdin is not my favorite classic Disney movie, I have to say Jasmine is one of my favorite fictional characters. She is smart, and has a real, believable personality unlike some of her Princess counterparts. Like, are we really expected to believe that a 19 year old orphan girl is going to be completely okay with being a servant for her abusive step-mother and step-sisters and fall madly in love with a man who doesn't have a real name and doesn't say a single word to her for the whole night? No. No we are not, Cinderella. Anyway, I think the most important part about Jasmine, besides the fact that she is a pretty capable female Disney character, is that she OWNS A PET TIGER!!!! Like, don't we all wish we owned an f-ing tiger?

Andy Dwyer (Parks and Recreation)


Everyone loves a lovable idiot. I'm a dog person and I think Andy is basically the closest thing to a human version of a dog. Andy always tries to help even though most of the time he does the complete opposite. He makes a lot of mistakes but he's always on his friends' side even if he has no idea what that entails. He'd be a great friends because he's good with law enforcement encounters...
He gets science...
He'd protect you...
And he could make boring things loads of fun...

Schmidt (New Girl)


I love Schmidt's high anxiety controlling intense nature. Could I live with him? Definitely not. I'd be able to buy a new car with all the money that would be in that douchebag jar, but it's all good fun. He is very into his appearance in a funny no so manly way and he works too hard at impressing people at his job, but at the end of the day Schmidt's got your back and he's down for a good old game of True American anytime. Despite his "schmidt-ness" I will always love him as a character.

Tony Stark (Iron Man)


Kind of a dick, but in all honesty, it works. Plus, it means he doesn't take bad guys too seriously. Power move. Don't let your enemies see you sweat. I wish I could be like Tony Stark when it comes to danger. Not too concerned, but will kick your butt with my million dollar supersuit if I need to. I think one of the reasons I like the character Tony Stark is because he's true to who he is. I know that sounds super cheesy, but it's true. Who else do you know that owns the fact that they are a genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist? He always has witty comebacks, and after all the "I'm a huge jerk" facade he puts on, he truly does love the people he cares about and will fight for them.

Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)


Loves rum. So do I. Makes it up as he goes. So do I. Wears eyeliner. So do I. Owns a pirate ship... Well, you get the point. When I was little, I used to want to move to Ocracoke Island and sail the seven seas with Blackbeard's ghost. Now I know that will obviously never happen, so I will do something more achievable... sail the seven seas with Captain Jack Sparrow. Because everyone knows ghosts aren't real. Jack, on the other hand, is very real. Now, bring me that horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment